As the workshop is now sold out, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the waiting list.
Concurrences, in partnership with McDermott Will & Emery, is pleased to invite you to its next workshop on the assessment of market future evolutions in the context of mergers.
Louise ÅBERG | Assistant Legal Director, Competition and Markets Authority, London (bio)
Daniele CALISTI | Head of Unit, Mergers, DG COMP, Brussels (bio)
Stéphane DIONNET | Partner, McDermott Will & Emery, Brussels (bio)
Grania HOLZWARTH | Head of EU competition Policy, Deutsche Telekom, Brussels (bio)
Andy PARKINSON | Senior Vice President, Compass Lexecon, London (bio)
Frédéric PRADELLES | Partner, McDermott Will & Emery, Paris (bio)
Moderator: Jacques BUHART | Partner, McDermott Will & Emery, Brussels/Paris (bio)
A welcome lunch reception will take place from 12:30 to 1:00 pm.
The panel will start at 1:00 pm.
If you would like to read about this event’s topic, you can access the following Concurrences documents. If you do not have access, please inquire for Subscription here.
1. UK Competition Authority, The UK Competition Authority orders a Big Tech company to sell a GIF database on the belief that permitting the merger would limit innovation and reduce competition in the display advertising market (Meta / Giphy), 18 October 2022
2. Alain Ronzano, Sole control: The French Competition Authority unveils the first conclusions of its analysis of the proposed merger between two major French TV channels after it was announced that it would be abandoned (TF1/M6), 16 September 2022
3. European Commission, The EU Commission prohibits the acquisition of a company producing a novel blood testing technology by a large biotech company on the grounds that it would allow the combination to foreclose competition in an innovative and important market (Illumina / GRAIL), 6 September 2022
4. Konstantina Bania, Sean-Paul Brankin, Jean Cattan, Francis Donnat, Damien Geradin, Martin d’Halluin, Pierre Larouche, Theano Karanikioti, Alexandre de Streel, Joëlle Toledano, Pat Treacy, Daniel Zimmer, The Digital Market Act, September 2022
6. Thomas Oster, The EU Commission prohibits a railway merger due to very significant overlaps in the companies’ activities in the fields of railway signalling and very high-speed trains and the risk of creating a dominant position (Siemens / Alstom), 6 February 2019
This workshop is organised by Concurrences Review in partnership with McDermott Will & Emery. Attendance is by registration only. No on-site registration. The list of participants will be communicated to the speakers. The official hashtag of this event on our social media is #. Use it to get updated and add your inputs to the discussions. You can check the news of this event on our Twitter, Linkedin Company page, Linkedin Group or Instagram.
9-31 Avenue des Nerviens1040 Etterbeek Belgique