Tuesday, 22 June 2021 - 11:00 EDT / 17:00 CEST
Paul CSISZAR | Director of Basic Industries, Manufacturing and Agriculture, European Commission - DG COMP, Brussels (bio)
Kyriakos FOUNTOUKAKOS | Managing Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills, Brussels (bio)
Stacy E. FRAZIER | Executive Counsel, Competition Law and Policy, General Electric, Washington, DC (bio)
Josh KAUL | Attorney General, Wisconsin Department of Justice, Madison (bio)
Stephen WEISSMAN | Partner, Gibson Dunn, Washington, D.C. (bio)
Moderator : Robert WILLIG | Professor of Economics and Public Affairs, Princeton University (bio)
TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE
Wednesday, 23 June 2021 - 11:00 EDT / 17:00 CEST
Mike COWIE | Partner, Dechert, Washington, DC (bio)
Niels ERSBØLL | Partner, Arnold & Porter, Brussels (bio)
Pauline KENNEDY | Principal, Bates White Economic Consulting, Washington, DC (bio)
Norbert MAIER | Managing Economist, Copenhagen Economics, Brussels
Rohan PAI | Counsel to the Director of the Bureau of Competition, US Federal Trade Commission, Washington, DC (bio)
Noel WATSON-DOIG | Senior Counsel Global Pharma Competition Law and Legal Operations, GSK, London (bio)
Moderator : Thomas HORTON | Professor of Law & Heidepriem Trial Advocacy Fellow, University of South Dakota, Vermillion (bio)
TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE
Thursday, 24 June 2021 - 11:00 EDT / 17:00 CEST
David BLACKBURN | Director & Head of Life Sciences Group, NERA Economic Consulting, Washington, DC (bio)
Viola CHEN | Economist, Bureau of Economics, US Federal Trade Commission, Washington DC (bio)
Molly HERRON | Lead Group Antitrust Counsel, ex-Americas, Novartis (bio)
Robert MILNE | Partner, White & Case, New York (bio)
Moderator : Ginger JIN | Professor of Economics, University of Maryland, College Park (bio)
TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE
This webinar is accredited with CPD credits through White & Case LLP. White & Case LLP is an approved Multiple Activity Provider with the State Bar of California and has been certified as an Accredited Provider by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board. Our programs are presumptively approved for California and New York State continuing legal education. 1,5 total hours of CLE will be awarded upon completion of this activity. The content is appropriate for lawyers of all experience levels.
Friday, 25 June 2021 - 11:00 EDT / 17:00 CEST
Sarah OXENHAM ALLEN | Chair, NAAG Antitrust Taskforce | Senior Assistant Attorney General and Antitrust Unit Manager, Virginia Office of the Attorney General, Richmond (bio)
Josephine DUH | Senior Associate & Co-Leader of Healthcare & Life Sciences Practice, The Brattle Group, Boston (bio)
Dan GILMAN | Attorney-Advisor in the Office of Policy Planning, US Federal Trade Commission, Washington DC (bio)
Lucia SAVAGE | Chief Privacy and Regulatory Officer, Omada Health, San Francisco (bio)
Joshua SOVEN | Partner, Wilson Sonsini, Washington, DC (bio)
Moderator : Barak RICHMAN | Professor of Law & Business Administration, Duke University, Durham (bio)
TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE
Last year’s attendees
Enforcers : Bangladesh Competition Commission, Brazilian Competition Authority (CADE), COPROCOM, INDECOPI, Italian Competition Authority, Latvian Competition Authority, European Commission, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada, Monopolies Commission, NY State Attorney General, OH State Attorney General, Philippine Competition Commission, Rekabet Kurumu, Superintendencia de Competencia, UK Competition and Markets Authority, US Congressional Research Service, US Federal Trade Commission, etc.
Corporations : AB InBev, Abbott Laboratories, Abbvie, Amgen, Assonime, Bayer, Blue Azurite, CFLAN, Chugai Pharma, CSC, DB AG, Eli Lilly, Enterprise Ireland, Gerresheimer, Healthcare Company, IRPG, Johnson & Johnson, Lexport, Magenta, Merck, Michelin, Milbank, Novo Nordisk, Overgas Mrezhi, Pfizer, Quest Diagnostics, Sandell Asset Management, Sanofi, Seqens, Servier, UCB, Ultragenyx Europe, VUB, Walmart, etc.
Lawyers : A&L Goodbody, Abreu Advogados, Allen & Overy, Altius, Arnold & Porter, Baker McKenzie, Bird&Bird, Bowmans, Bristows, Brunswick Group, Clifford Chance, CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats, Commeo, Cooley, Davis Polk & Wardwell, Dechert, Dentons, Desogus Law Office, Dimitrova & Partners, DLA Piper, Drew & Napier, Eversheds, Freshfields, Gibson Dunn, Herbert Smith Freehills, Hogan Lovells, Hughes Hubbard & Reed, Ingram Yuzek Gainen Carroll & Bertolotti, Kirkland & Ellis, Latham & Watkins, Linklaters, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, Pinsent Masons, Quevedo Abogados, Reed Smith, Rucellai&Raffaelli, Sidley Austin, Skadden Arps, Squire Patton Boggs, Stibbe, Taylor Wessing, Van Bael & Bellis, VdA, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, White & Case,, Wilson Sonsini, Winston & Strawn, etc.
Economists : Analysis Group, Charles River Associates,Compass Lexecon, Cornerstone Research, FTI Consulting, NERA Economic Consulting, OmniCLES, Technopolis Group, The Brattle Group, etc.
Academics : Boston College, Brunel University London, EADA Business School, EFB, Hofstra Law School, King’s College London, MINES Paristech, NYU School of Law, Simon Business School, Symbiosis Law School, Thomas Jefferson University, Tokai University, UC Santa Barbara, UMAC, Unicamp, University of Pennsylvania, Universidad CEU San Pablo, Universidad de Carabobo, Université de Bordeaux, Université Toulouse 1 Capitole, University of Bern, University of Glasgow, University of Indonesia, University of Reading, etc.
If you would like to read about this event’s topic, you can access the following Concurrences documents. If you do not have an access, please inquire for Subscription here.
Webinar #1 - Life Science Mergers I : New US and EU Rules & Recent Cases
1. Kyriakos Fountoukakos, Sebastien Moore, Peter Rowland, Kristien Geeurickx, Agathe Célarié, The EU Court of Justice dismisses the appeals of several manufacturers of medicines and upholds the Commission’s decision regarding a pay-for-delay infringement (Lundbeck), 25 March 2021, e-Competitions April 2021 - II, Art. N° 100045
2. Kyriakos Fountoukakos, Sebastien Moore, Kristien Geeurickx, The EU Commission investigates for the first time a case relating to divisional patent filing and litigation strategies in the pharmaceutical sector (Teva), 4 March 2021, e-Competitions February 2021, Art. N° 99604
3. William Lavery, Christine Ryu-Naya, Christopher Wilson, The US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit upholds the FTC’s ruling regarding an unlawful pay-for-delay agreement in the pharmaceutical sector (Endo / Impax), 13 April 2021, e-Competitions Preview, Art. N° 100304
4. Catherine Gordley, The EU Commission and other Competition Authorities announce the formation of a multilateral pharma merger working group, 16 March 2021, e-Competitions April 2021 - II, Art. N° 100100
Webinar #2 - Life Science Mergers II : Innovation, Exclusion & Killer Acquisitions
1. European Commission, The EU Commission clears acquisition of healthcare manufacturer by a big tech company, subject to conditions (Fitbit / Google), 17 December 2020, e-Competitions December 2020, Art. N° 98498
3. US Federal Trade Commission, The US FTC clears merger of two big pharma companies after they agreed to divest 3 drugs businesses (AbbVie / Allergan), 5 May 2020, e-Competitions May 2020, Art. N° 94737
Webinar #3 - Generics : Pay-for-delay, Patent Settlements, Reverse Payment, Price-fixing & Market Allocation
2. Michael Clancy, Samuel Hall, Peter L’Ecluse, Catherine Longeval, Koen T’Syen, The EU Court of Justice dismisses appeals by several manufacturers of medicines regarding pay-for-delay patent settlement agreements (Lundbeck), 25 March 2021, e-Competitions April 2021 - II, Art. N° 100294
3. Kyriakos Fountoukakos, Dafni Katrana, Ruth Allen, The EU Court of Justice clarifies the criteria for the pay-for-delay agreements in the pharmaceutical sector (Generics - UK / GlaxoSmithKline / Actavis / Xellia Pharmaceuticals / Merck / Alpharma), 30 January 2020, e-Competitions January 2020, Art. N° 93498
Webinar #4 - Health & Big Data : Antitrust & Privacy Issues
1. Geert Goeteyn, Christian D’Cunha, Luca Manigrassi, Ariel Ezrachi, Andrea Cilea, Maurice Stucke, Big Data and competition law, November 2017, Concurrences N° 4-2017, Art. N° 84938, www.concurrences.com
This is the 2nd edition of this conference organized by Concurrences in partnership with the sponsors. Due to the ongoing public health measures for COVID-19, the Antitrust in Life Sciences conference will be held via a series of 4 webinars from June 22nd to 25th, 2021.
By registering for this webinar, you are submitting your information to the webinar organizers, who will use it to communicate with you regarding this event and their other services. This webinar will be recorded. If your question is selected for the Q&A session, you are consenting to be recorded.
The official hashtag of this event on our social media is #AntitrustInLifeSciences. Use it to get updated and add your inputs to the discussions. See above this page for the links to our social media accounts.
Conference accredited with CPD credits.