Concurrences is pleased to invite you to its next Law & Economics webinar.
Antitrust has been seen as a deterrent to industry sustainability initiatives because companies fear cartel allegations if they cooperate with competitors, even in pursuit of bona fide goals - for example, ensuring a living wage for farm workers, or upholding environmental standards. The Webinar will address :
· The challenges companies have faced with sustainability cooperation initiatives
· The European Commission’s approach
· The draft Dutch guidelines recently issued
· How to establish joint sustainability initiatives within the boundaries of antitrust law
Olivier GUERSENT | Director General, DG COMP, Brussels [bio]
Martijn SNOEP | Chairman, Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets, The Hague [bio]
Alec BURNSIDE | Partner, Dechert, Brussels [bio]
Andrea COLLART | Partner, Avisa Partners, Brussels [bio]
Nicole KAR | Head of UK Competition, Linklaters, London [bio]
Concurrences Related Articles
1. Dutch Competition Authority, The Dutch Competition Authority finds in its market study that supermarkets offer chicken meat that is more sustainable without any anti-competitive agreements, 1 September 2020, e-Competitions September 2020, Art. N° 96636
2. Piet-Hein Eijssen, Mariska Van De Sanden, The Dutch Competition Authority offers more leeway for environmental sustainability initiatives with competition law, 9 July 2020, e-Competitions July 2020, Art. N° 96097
4. Thomas Oster, Florence Leroux, The French Competition Authority publishes its priorities for 2020 which includes the competition issues in the digital sector and a focus on the environment and sustainable development, 9 January 2020, e-Competitions January 2020, Art. N° 93713
This event is organised by Concurrences Review and is co-sponsored by legal and/or economic partners. The attendee list will be communicated to the speakers. By registering for this webinar, you are submitting your information to the webinar organisers who will use it to communicate with you regarding this event and their other services. This webinar will be recorded. If your question is selected for the Q&A session, you are consenting to be recorded.